Cloud-based Integration Platform for Collaboration & Insights
A case study on the successful implementation of multiple technologies to provide insights in engineering management for the Sydney Metro project.
THE ECOSYSTEM AT A GLANCE
Sydney Metro is Australia’s biggest public transport project.
From the north-west, metro rail is being extended under Sydney Harbour, through new underground city stations and beyond to the south-west. Sydney Metro Northwest went fully operational in July 2018 with fully driverless trains supporting services every 5 minutes.
In 2024, Sydney will have 31 metro railway stations and a 66km standalone metro railway system, revolutionising the way Australia’s biggest city travels.
Cloud-based integration technology was implemented to integrate document management systems, workflows with visual dashboards to provide insights in engineering management and successful delivery of the project.
The support the implementation of the Sydney Metro Northwest, Transport for NSW contracted numerous vendors to provide engineering and quality assurance services for the duration of the project.
Each of these vendors had their own systems which they brought as part of the contract that needed to be connected to each other so that Transport for NSW could successfully implement the Metro Sydney Northwest.
HOW WE HELPED
To meet the required business outcomes for the Sydney Metro Northwest program, Transport for NSW selected eBlueprint through a competitive procurement process to deliver the following capabilities:
- Technology Thought Leadership – to translate business drivers and requirements into an actionable cloud-based solution that meets current requirements and can scale for future needs.
- Cloud Architecture and Design – creating extensible contemporary designs that meet current business drivers that also can be extended to future demands.
- Cloud Platform Infrastructure Design and Build – implementing secure infrastructure using technologies and techniques including Cloud, Containerisation and DevOps.
- Complex and Extensible Design and Coding – using our deep implementation experience and industry best practices across numerous successful cross-industry engagements.
- Data Visualisation – providing the business with key insights into the data assets and workflows.
- Cloud Security – providing industry best practices designs, advice and implementation focusing on authentication, authorization, data encryption, management of secure storage and threat mitigation.
- Quality Assurance and Testing – testing and quality engineering encompassing API functionality, performance, scalability, resilience and security.
- Managed Services – a future 6-year engagement to support Transport for NSW with the ongoing support, operations, site reliability engineering and continual improvements of the Cloud integration platform.
The Solution that eBlueprint designed, implemented and manages has been successfully rolled-out in a multi-staged approach and has been in operation over the past 6 years providing the following benefits:
- Cloud integration platform supported the workforce to successfully deliver the largest public transport infrastructure project in Sydney.
- Cloud Integration platform delivered more efficiency removing manual processes and reducing error rates relating to information.
- Enabled cross-vendor information sharing.
“Our MIS cloud-based platform has allowed our contractors to effectively collaborate making our project hugely successful.” – Belinda Buton, Program Director – Transport for NSW