Hybrid Cloud APIs for significantly improved customer experience
A case study on an Application Programming Interface (API) solution delivery for the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) in Victoria, Australia.
THE ECOSYSTEM AT A GLANCE
The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a Victorian Government-owned organisation whose role is to promote road safety, improve the state’s trauma systems and support those who have been injured on our roads.
myTAC enables citizens to submit reimbursement forms, send enquiries and learn about what services can be accessed in real-time, using a self-service approach.
API Management underpins the myTAC mobile app and web portal and is the key technology the eBlueprint implemented to achieve improvements to customer experience, utilising straight-through processing and access o real-time claims information.
API Management and Secure APIs are also utilised to integrate the major trauma hospitals in Victoria to improve reliable sharing of sensitive information within the ecosystem.
Transport Accident Commission recognised that there were several touch points and manual operations for residents of the Victorian community in submitting claims for reimbursement relating to injury or death.
These touch points and manual nature of supporting processes have lef to significant stress and anxiety, with delays to timely reimbursement occurring during periods of increased volumes.
The cost of processing claims and visibility of progress within the claims process were also key factors that needed to be addressed.
HOW WE HELPED
eBlueprint was engaged by the Transport Accident Commission to deliver key capabilities for the TAC 2020 Business Strategy. eBlueprint delivered the following capabilities and services:
- Technology Thought Leadership – provided leadership in translating business drivers and requirements into an actionable API Management solution that would meet current requirements and scale for future needs. This was a Greenfield implementation and eBlueprint provided a strategic approach to enabling TAC to reach a mature API Management operating model.
- API Management Architecture and Design – worked collaboratively with IT Shared Services (ITSS) Architecture team and Architecture governance group in creating extensible contemporary API Management architectures and designs that meet current business drivers that also can be extended to future demands.
- API Platform Infrastructure Design and Build – implemented a secure hybrid API Management solution integrating Azure Cloud-based mobile app and web portal with on-premise back end CRMs and claim management systems.
- Complex and Extensible API Design and Coding – using our deep implementation experience and industry best practices we successfully implemented several APIs for the TAC.
- API Security – provided industry best practice designs, advice and implementation with focus on authentication, authorisation, data encryption, management of secure storage and threat mitigation.
- Go-Live Hypercare Support – provided TAC with the ongoing support, operations, site reliability engineering and continual improvements of the API Management platforms.
The solution that eBlueprint designed and implemented has been successfully rolled out to the Victorian community and has provided the following benefits: